The last two nights this week I went for a bike ride after the kids were in bed. It was wonderful both times (although I noticed tonight that my muscles were a little sore). The weather's been cooperating and the skies were clear. I noticed the stars more than I ever have. And my sense of smell was more acute than it ever is during the day...the flowering trees were sweet and the lilacs are blooing everywhere. It's a fantastic time to think - alone, no kids, no other distractions, just me and my brain. It's good that I've started doing this because I feel like my brain is shrinking every day that I have to watch kids' "educational television."
Of course, last night was a new episode of "The Office." Since this is the only TV show I regularly watch I kind of get into it. I was so proud of Pam, who last night made a major declaration for her own freedom and newly found confidence. It was so inspiring. Most people were excited about it because they think it opens the way for her and Jim to finally enter a romantic relationship. I was just happy that she's got herself figured out. Some days I think I have myself figured out, and other days I wonder if I have a "myself?" It really got me thinking. What do I want for myself? What is the REALLY important core that I need to develop or allow? And is it HEALTHY for me to be this involved in a television program?
I'm a little frazzled this week because it's been so outrageously busy. And it's not over yet! I have a couple of birthday parties to throw this weekend and the usual spate of weekend work to complete.
Anyway...so sorry to be just this side of boring!
"And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations - They're quite aware of what they're going through..."
Friday, May 11, 2007
Scents of spring
Posted by Beth Soelberg at 7:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I know what you mean about wondering whether or not you have a "myself." Way to go on the biking! I've been walking a bit after M. gets home at night and I find my senses heightened for sure.
And indulge yourself in the Office! You work hard!
Post a Comment