It is so incredible that we've seen such a remarkable effort by the American public to help those hurt by Hurricane Katrina. Regardless of what the government does or doesn't do, the PEOPLE want to help and are being generous in doing so. I'm proud of all of us for pulling together...but why does it take a major disaster?
Well gosh, I don't have much to say. Honestly. Tonight Dan went to Scouts and Helena and I gossiped in the alley with Alan, Amy, Emma, and Hutch. The White House (Joel and Caity's future residence) has really galvanized the neighborhood into friendship in a roundabout sort of way. It's so much fun to have friends!
Now, I just have to say this...why is it that practically EVERY PERSON I know (well, the women, anyway) is pregnant? Did I mention this already? Because since I wrote that post, I found out about, like, three more babies getting ready to enter this world. Amazing.
Tomorrow night I have to make 5 pies for an event at church. Pie crusts always get me a little, well, stressed. Wish me luck. When they turn out, they turn out WELL, but if not, it's just a big argument with increasingly tough pastry.
"Remarkable claims require remarkable proof." - Carl Sagan
Wednesday, September 07, 2005
Wednesday Morning 3 A.M.
Posted by Beth Soelberg at 7:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment